Sunday, January 26, 2014

Vintage Shell Stitch Baby Hat

I love baby hats.  I must have over 30 different patterns for them. Although, my little one is not a baby anymore (insert sniffles here) I still find myself crocheting a ton of them.  Sometimes, they are for gifts and sometimes it is just to try a new yarn or pattern.  I find that baby hats take a minimal amount of time and yarn which is perfect when I am looking for a quick project to work up.
What small crochet projects do you like to work up when you are short on time?

For this hat I used Crochet My Love Designs Shell Earflap Hat pattern.  I omitted the earflaps and just added the ties.  The yarn is Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton in the Spice color.  I love the the texture of this yarn and works up beautifully!  It is soft & organic, perfect for those newborn heads.  The flowers are clip ons that I found at H&M.  












Project: Vintage Shell Stitch Baby Hat
Pattern: Shell Stitch Earflap Pattern by Crochet My Love Designs
Yarn: Lion Brand Nature's Choice Organic Cotton in Spice

6 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks a lot for joining my Link Party last week. You are in the spotlight today, hope you like it :-)
    http://annemarieshaakblog.blogspot.nl/2014/02/link-your-stuff.html
    Have a nice day!
    Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annemarie!! So, unbeliavebly excited! Such a big fan of your blog!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love it. I've also crocheted a few projects with Nature's Choice and agree that is is a perfect choice for babies. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! You have a lovely blog. I have been following you for a while.

      Delete